Re: [CALBIRDS] Blue Jay in Solano County

  • KatBirdCA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2006
      Hi birders,

      The Blue Jay was well seen by me and several others birders (Fritz S., et al,
      Todd & Tanner E., John T.) at around noon today (Sat. 1/07/06), just north of
      the bridge on Rockville Rd., east of the Iwama Market. My first encounter
      with the jay was about 20 minutes before the others arrived, when it called from
      the trees along the creek next to the market's parking lot and then flew
      south across the road. After searching the east end of the Willotta loop for a
      while, I headed back to the bridge to discover that the bird had returned to the
      area adjacent to the market, where the other birders were watching it.

      Happy New Year and Good Birding,
      Kathy Robertson
      Hayward, CA