Rufous-backed Robin and Smith's Longspur in Imperial

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2005
      I just received a phone call from Todd Easterla. His 13-year old son, Tanner, just found a Rufous-backed Robin at the Wister Unit headquarters in Imperial County. Todd had great looks at it, but failed to get a photograph this evening. I am sure that a lot of birders will try in the morning. Todd also found a Smith's Longspur with the other three longspur species near Calipatria on the CBC yesterday and it was refound this afternoon and seen by many.

      John Sterling

      26 Palm Ave
      Woodland, CA 95695

      530-668-1985 (home)