Visiting CA

  • Matz Jonson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2005
      Dear all,

      We are 4 guys from Sweden who will visit California Jan 26 - Feb 6 for birdwatching.
      We plan to be in the area between LA and Fort Bragg.
      Below follow some of our target species we do not have much information on. Can you please help us to know where and how to have the best chance to find them.

      Ferruginous hawk, mountain quail, rock sandpiper, lewis´s woodpecker, red-breasted sapsucker, white-headed woodpecker, sooty fox-sparrow, slate-colored fox-sparrow, bell´s sparrow och lawrence´s goldfinch, varied thrush, gray flycatcher, harlequin duck, wandering tattler, tufted puffin, spotted owl.

      If you have information about other species it is also of great interest.

      Many thanks in advance.

      Best Regards
      Matz Jonson, Filipstad
      Sweden