Re: [CALBIRDS] Chuck-Will's-Widow Del Norte County

  • sanmigbird@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2005
      Hello All,

      There are but two documented records of Chuck-wills-widows for California.
      The first was of an injured bird found in Half Moon Bay on 16 October 1986 that
      later died in rehabilitation center. The second was of a recent road kill in
      Loleta on 4 January 1989. They are now specimens at California Acadamy of
      Sciences and at Humboldt State University.

      Mike San Miguel
      Arcadia CA
    • Thomas Miko
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2005
        Wasn't there also another bird in rehab that died, in Ventura County ca. 3 years or so ago??? (I believe that the person who brought it in didn't even know what it was)
        Tom

        >From: Greg Frankfurter <gfrankfurter@...>
        >Date: Sun Dec 11 00:41:12 CST 2005
        >To: CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [CALBIRDS] Chuck-Will's-Widow Del Norte County

        >Hi,
        >
        >I work with a wildlife rehabilitation center in Arcata, CA. We received in
        >a Chuck-will's-widow about two weeks ago (first county record). It is
        >currently still in rehab, and I'm trying to get information regarding this
        >species' distribution in California. Does anyone have any information
        >regarding this species? Other than a green dot somewhere south of SF in
        >Sibleys, there doesn't seem to be a lot of information. Any winter records
        >elsewhere in the state?
        >
        >Thanks for any info. I will be posting some pics of this bird shortly.
        >
        >Good Birding!
        >
        >Greg Frankfurter
        >Arcata
        >
        >--

        >For vacation suspension of mail go to the website. Click on Edit My Membership and set your mail option to No Email. Or, send a blank email to these addresses:
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Thomas Miko (Mik? Tam?s)

        thomas.miko@...
        thomas_miko@...

        653 S. Indian Hill Blvd., #C
        Claremont, CA 91711
        U.S.A.
        34.109167 N, 117.718293 W

        home: (909) 445-1456
        cell: (626) 390-1935

        FRS radio channel 11 code 22

        http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/birdsofhungary
        "I think it likely that one of these statements is a mistake, and the other is a lie." -Mark Twain 1880