Short-tailed Albatross

  • Eric Preston
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2005
      During an amazing day on the sea on a trip out of Bodega Bay to Cordell Bank
      National Marine Sanctuary, led by Rich Stallcup and Ann Dewart we had
      excellent, prolonged, close views of an immature Short-tailed Albatross. The
      bird was first found by Ryan Terrill. I posted a few photos here:

      http://www.ericwpreston.com/ShortTailedAlbatross_1.html

      We also saw an adult Little Gull, a Laysan Albatross and many other great
      birds and cetaceans. It was a fantastic day on the sea.

      Eric Preston

      San Francisco, CA

      eric@...

    • Thomas Miko
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 29, 2006
        Hi Calbirders,
        The father-in-law popped in this weekend, on the way home to Solvang.
        Looked at me, and huffed, "So what's the big deal about this Short-tailed Albatross that washed up on shore?" The story was covered in his local newspaper.
        Here's what I found:
        http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/sanluisobispo/news/local/15338644.htm

        Thomas Miko (Mikó Tamás)

        thomas.miko@...
        thomas_miko@...

        653 S. Indian Hill Blvd., #C
        Claremont, CA 91711
        U.S.A.
        34.109167 N, 117.718293 W

        home: (909) 445-1456
        cell: (626) 390-1935
        work: (323) 226-7855

        FRS radio channel 11 code 22

        http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/birdsofhungary
        "The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."
        -Oscar Wilde
      • Joseph Morlan
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 29, 2006
          On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 00:33:20 -0500 (CDT), "Thomas Miko"
          <thomas.miko@...> wrote:

          >The father-in-law popped in this weekend, on the way home to Solvang.
          >Looked at me, and huffed, "So what's the big deal about this Short-tailed Albatross that washed up on shore?" The story was covered in his local newspaper.
          >Here's what I found:
          >http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/sanluisobispo/news/local/15338644.htm

          Photos of the bird are here:

          http://www.mouniergiclee.com/albatross/

          --
          Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan (at) ccsf.edu
          Fall Birding Classes start Sept 6 http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 23, 2007
            The Monterey Seabirds trip report with a few photos from April 22
            featuring a SHORT-TAILED ALBATROSS and Killer Whales is online at:
            http://www.montereyseabirds.com/SeabirdTripReport070422.htm

            Thanks to Jeff Poklen for his photos and our fearless leaders Don
            Roberson, Todd Easterla and Tim Amaral.

            Our next trip is sheduled for May 19. $85 per person. 831 375 4658
            or register online at http://www.montereyseabirds.com

            Roger Wolfe
            Deckhand for Monterey Seabirds