Gull Study at Doheny State Park, Dana Point, 12/8/2005, 8:00 am

  • CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2005
      Reminder Reminder from the Calendar of CALBIRDS
      Gull Study at Doheny State Park, Dana Point

      Thursday December 8, 2005
      8:00 am - 11:30 am
      This event does not repeat.

      Notes:
      OK, so now you know that they are not called "seagulls" and are starting to wonder what else there is to find out about this fascinating species. Join us at Doheny State Park, the best place in the county and perhaps the best place in southern California, to find an abundance of wintering gulls. Here we will practice identifying our more common gull species, talk a little about aging, molt, and just when and where to expect these birds in our county. If you have a scope, bring it! It would also be useful to bring along your Sibley or National Geographic field guide.

      DIRECTIONS: Take

      Privacy Policy - Terms of Service