Christmas Bird Counts

  • Alison Sheehey
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      I maintain a list of scheduled CBCs in California on my website and the
      Audubon California website.

      I appreciate the great response to my plea for dates, but I am still missing
      dates for the following counts: Big Bear Lake, Blythe, Diamond Valley, Etna,
      Kaweah, Lake Almanor, Lewiston, Lone Pine, Los Padres, Mineral, Modoc NWR,
      Panoche Valley, Pinnacles NM, Sierra Valley, Tule Lake, Yosemite NP, Yreka

      If anyone knows the status of these counts, dates, compiler contact
      information I would appreciate a note. BTW, for those of you who watch the
      Audubon site, I update it about once a week. The natureali site has the most
      current information. After I find out about a few more counts the I will
      update both sites simultaneously.

      Also, I am the compiler for the Kern Valley Christmas Count, covering
      territory that surrounds Isabella Reservoir, to be held this year on January
      1. More birders are needed to make it a great count. Please let me know if
      you are interested.

      Ali

      Alison Sheehey
      P.O. Box 153
      Weldon, CA
      93283

      760-378-2029
      Nature Alley - http://natureali.org
      Educating the world about Central California's unique biodiversity.
    • Alison Sheehey
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2009
        Birders,

        A schedule of most all of this year's Christmas Bird Counts with contact
        information can be found here.

        www.natureali.org/cbcs.htm

        If you are a compiler or coordinator and have a date to add or
        information to add, please contact me right away.

        Ali Sheehey
        Weldon, CA

        www.natureali.org
        http://kern.audubon.org