Autumn birds

  • Paul S. Highland
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2005
      By now a lot of birds have reappeared in the Atascadero area as in other areas of California. Among
      the ones I've noticed so far, by either sight or call, are:

      WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW
      GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROW
      DARK-EYED (OREGON) JUNCO
      YELLOW-RUMPED (AUDUBON'S) WARBLER
      CEDAR WAXWING
      BUFFLEHEAD

      Over the summer I spotted three pairs of GREAT-TAILED GRACKLES in town, not far from water. A pair
      of MUTE SWANS reappeared briefly, then were gone. Saw several GREAT EGRETS in the same area.

      === Paul H! in AtasCal