Question RE Santa Maria Wood Thrush

  • Nathaniel Wander
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2005
      Given what's know about the coastal geography, wind patterns, recent
      weather, etc., what is the likelihood that the Santa Maria Wood Thrush is
      the same bird seen in San Francisco on October 20? Is that any more or
      less likely than the appearance of two different birds less than 300 miles
      apart along the California coast within three weeks?

      Also, any thoughts about how a Wood Thrush would get to coastal
      California? (Yes, I know, practice.) We seem so far off their migration
      routes.

      Thanks.

      Nathaniel Wander
      San Francisco