S. F. Bell's Vireo continues on Sunday PM.

  • Richard Cimino
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2005
      Today Sunday in Golden Gate Park approximately 2:15 PM the BELL'S VIREO
      was present with the mixed flock of Sparrow's and Goldfinches.
      When I arrive in the Rhododendron Dell, Michele a S.F. resident told me
      she had seen the bird earlier near the wooden bench along the trail.
      But Chip notes were filling the air some fifty feet away on a small
      knoll, so I followed the flock.
      It wasn't soon after finding this flock of many mixed sparrows and
      finches that the BELL VIREO was found on top of a dead plant,
      then it dropped to the ground as Michele returned and had a second
      chance to view the VIREO.
      The bird was very active and cooperative during a minute or longer
      period of time as close as 10 feet away.
      Rich Cimino
      ABA Member
      Pleasanton Cal.94566