Ruffled grouch sighted and thanks for amazon pointers

  • lmfwric
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2005
      Sorry Steve, Just a thanks to those who responded with pointers to
      amazon birding. Our trip is a river trip and covers the upper
      amazon where you are not likely to see a brown pelican or yellow
      billed magpie. Turns out the trip has a cancellation, not ours by
      the way. If you have interest in getting out of caliFUNia for while
      17-27NOV05 give www.ietravel.com a visit. I have no affiliation or
      involvement with these folks other than as a prospective customer
      but perhaps at this late date they would be willing to offer a
      bargain price for stateroom 103 on La Turmalina. The contact is
      cheudeb@....

      Now for the relevant stuff. I didn't see the juvenile at Vic Fazio
      Reserve today but the sunset was spectacular. It may be that the
      Swainsons hawks that nest near the Natomas developments have moved
      south already as none were seen today.

      The 'fall peepers', cedar waxwings were in my tree today along with
      the busy mob of bushtits harassing the buglife in the camillias.

      Cheers,

      Al Knoll Sacramento CA AKA ruffled grouch