Yolo Sharp-tailed Sandpiper continues

  • Dennis Braddy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2005
      Birders,

      A dozen or more happy birders got excellent views of a bright
      juvenile SHARP-TAILED SANDPIPER at Vic Fazio Yolo Wildlife Area this
      morning during the hour after Cliff Hawley spotted it. The bird then
      flushed and we did not see it again in the next two hours. The
      sandpiper was 1/4 mile past where the auto tour loop (one way) turns
      back toward the freeway. The other reported Sharp-tailed Sandpiper
      had not been seen when we left at 11:00.

      Dennis and Patricia Braddy
      San Ramon
      Contra Costa County