Santa Clara River (Ventura) Sharp-tail time error

  • vireoman2004
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2005
      The SCRE Sharp-tail was last seen around 1300-1330 on Saturday just
      downstream from the bridge where it was under observation by Don
      Desjardin, who showed it to Summer Wilson, while several of us wandered
      around trying to find it "nearby". As we who wandered were moving
      closer to stand with Don, a Cooper's hawk darted under the bridge and
      the birds scattered, not seen again before I left Don at the site. I
      mistakenly said it was last seen at 11 am upriver. Sorry about that. -
      Jim Greaves, Santa Barbarian