RE: [CVBirds] Mississippi Kite

  • Jim Gain
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2005
      I think it is best that I back off my claim of Mississippi Kite. After I
      posted the email and re-read it, I began to question whether or not I didn't
      actually see a Swainson's Hawk. And now that I've double-checked my email
      I've read several with questions about my description. I have to suspect
      that I might have seen a juv Swainson's Hawk instead. I sincerely apologize
      and hope that no one takes off to find it based upon my mistaken
      identification.

      Jim Gain

      In Modesto eating crow.

      _____