[CALBIRDS] Yellow-billed Magpies

  • Doug Shaw
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
      From: Doug Shaw
      To: MiriamEagl@...
      Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:57 AM
      Subject: Re: [CALBIRDS] Yellow-billed Magpies

      Hi Mary Beth and All,

      There have been numerous postings on the CVB birds group in recent months. YBMA appear to have taken the biggest hit by West Nile. Other corvids, the Western Scrub Jar and American Crow have also been widely struck with West Nile. Some birders reported missing YBMA on a Birdathon in the San Joaquin Valley last week.

      Good Birding,

      Doug Shaw
      Santa Rosa, CA
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
        We stopped by the Rest Stop north of San Miguel on US 101 on the way to Santa Maria and the WFO. The date was 9-29. Yellow-billed Magpies were easy to see. I counted at least 8.

        Laurence Taylor

        130 Westgate Cir

        Santa Rosa, CA 95401

        707/528-8602

        laurence@...

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 17, 2005
          Thanks to all who responded to my query about magpies and West Nile; my
          friend appreciated it! Take care,

          Mary Beth Stowe
          San Diego, CA
          MiriamEagl@...