Parkinson's Petrel at Cordell Bank

  • Eric Preston
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      Today, October 1, 2005, on a trip out of Bodega Bay to the Cordell Bank,
      Rich Stallcup found a Parkinson's Petrel. The bird was sitting on the water
      with a Pink-footed Shearwater and a Sooty Shearwater. We got within 50
      meters of the bird before it flew a short distance away, where we approached
      it again and observed it for several more minutes. All the people on board
      got excellent looks at this most cooperative bird. Photos and video were
      made. I've posted some of the photos I made here:

      http://www.ericwpreston.com/ParkinsonsPetrel_Cordell.html

      A complete submission to the CBRC will arrive shortly.

      Happy birding,

      Eric Preston

      San Francisco, CA