Hawaiian Petrel

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17 4:58 PM
      The highlight of today's Monterey Seabirds trip was a HAWAIIAN PETREL
      spotted 9.17 miles west of Pt. Pinos. The bird was last seen flying
      towards Santa Cruz county two miles from the county line.

      Everyone on board was able to get on the bird but no photos were managed.

      We also had ASHY, BLACK and LEAST STORM PETRELS.

      Tomorrow we have an offshore trip scheduled but the weather looks a bit
      dubious and if we decide not to go out of the bay we will do a shorter
      trip and charge for it accordingly. We will still be leaving the dock at
      5:30 am.
      Spaces are still available. 831 375-4658 or http://www.montereyseabirds.com

      Cheers,
      Roger Wolfe