robins and whiners

  • Edward Stanton
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2001
      After another incident involving a vagrant on private property and a rash of emails from cry-babies, I have decided to leave Calbirds. I will stick with InlandCountyBirds, because I don't find much of this garbage there (and I don't like to burn up a bunch of fossil fuels to chase birds so that I can feel environmentally conscious). Somebody that regularly posts his observations (sometimes wordy, sometimes pointed), yet is banned from Calbirds should certainly not give a hoot if you know that he has found a vagrant. In fact, if he is banned, then why was his sighting ultimately posted? You don't need to respond to that, because I know the selfish answer. The attitude that leads to these discussions is exactly why I tend to bird alone (and why few of you have ever heard of me). It is the same thing I found with East Coast birders. It is just a bird and this is just a hobby!

      Edward Stanton
      Menifee