Blue-winged Warbler in San Francisco

  • David Armstrong
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2005
      This morning Michelle Brodie and I observed an adult BLUE-WINGED WARBLER in San
      Francisco. This bird was found on top of Mt. Davidson, just downhill from the
      summit. It is a first city record (subject to review committee acceptance).
      Also present were a first-fall female American Redstart and a Chestnut-sided
      Warbler. All of the birds were observed between 7:30 and 8:10 a.m., and all
      apparently flew as (to my knowledge) they could not be relocated by subsequent
      observers.

      The city of San Francisco has been host to a number of great vagrant species in
      the past 10 days including:

      Baird's Sandpiper 2
      LEAST FLYCATCHER 2
      EASTERN KINGBIRD 1