Buff-breasted Sandpiper seen today

  • Beverly Brock
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2005
      Hello All--
      Lynn Hemink and I watched the buff-breasted sandpiper along the levee at the Don Edwards Environmental Ed. Center in Alviso this morning (9/8/) from about 10:30 am to 11:00 am. It was feeding in reddish vegetation (pickleweed?) on the right upper edge of the levee approximately opposite the center of the westernmost long skinny island in the salt pond to the right. The bird fed and preened continuously, sometimes moving completely into view onto the levee surface. It flew when a passerby approached.
      Thanks to Bob Reiling for very helpful suggestions on how to find this bird.

      Bev Brock
      bevbrock@...
      Sanger, Fresno County, CA