Re: [CALBIRDS] Caracara continues near Davenport, SCZ

  • Chris Conard
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2005
      Folks,

      Kimya Lambert and I found the Caracara this morning just east of Hwy 1
      across from Scott Creek Beach. This is one mile north of Swanton Road on
      Hwy 1. We looked for over an hour in the previously described spots before
      we found the bird roosting among Turkey Vultures along the creek at 1115.
      Shortly, it flew east and over a rise to the field described in the previous
      message. Several Snowy Plovers and a few Semipalmated Plovers were on the
      beach.

      This might be a good site to look for the Caracara early in the morning,
      when it is foggy like today, or in the evening. We didn't find it again in
      a quick effort at around 1630 when there was better light for photos.

      Chris Conard
      Sacramento