Need Help on a Bird ID

  • Randy Helback
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005
      Hi,

      I was visiting an Air Force buddy near Travis AFB (Bay Area) and saw
      the following bird land on his deck. It was robin sized, white
      underneat with blue on top and a blue tail. The blue extended as a
      cap on its head bisecting at the eye. I'm sure if I had a birdbook
      with me it woudl have been an easy ID. However my stuff is in storage
      as I'm now in the middle-east. Thank you for any help.
      Was sitting in our camp chapel on Sunday and saw a flamingo fly past
      thru the window above the alter!

      Maj Randy Helbach
      Doah, Qatar