RFI Condor & woodpecker info

  • calcariusp
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005
      CalBirders,
      I am an Illinois birder who will be coming out for a week to
      bird next week, to include a couple of pelagics out of LA and
      Monterey. As we will be doing other birding as well (a day or two in
      the LA area and areas near and in-between Monterey and San Francisco),
      I was wondering if someone could give me some good (as detailed as
      possible) locations where California Condors are currently being seen.
      I was also wondering if there are any real dependable areas that I
      could look for Lewis's Woodpecker at this time of year, at/near any of
      the above mentioned locations. Also, how much of a possibility would
      Black Rail be in the San Francisco Bay area? Please e-mail me directly
      and thanks ahead of time for anyone that can help! Good birding!

      Steve Bailey
      Rantoul, Illinois
      sdbailey@...