Re: [CALBIRDS] Where can I spot Common Murres from San Francisco area?

  • Steve Hampton
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2005
      Common Murres are relatively easy to find on shore right now because of the die-off. In the past two days, we encountered several sick emaciated adults (or sub-adults), many in arrested moult, on beaches from Seacliff to Moss Landing. Simply walking a beach between Pt Reyes and Monterey will likely produce a bird or two.

      Steve Hampton
      ________________
      Resource Economist
      Office of Spill Prevention and Response
      California Dept of Fish and Game
      PO Box 944209
      Sacramento, CA 94244-2090
      (916) 323-4724 phone
      (916) 324-8829 fax

      >>> "birderkmm" <dkgmauro@...> 8/24/2005 8:43 PM >>>
      Is there any place where I can go to see Common Murres from the shore near
      San Francisco (with or without a scope) at this time of year? Any help would
      be greatly appreciated as I would love to add this bird to my lifelist before I
      move out of the area at the end of September.

      - Kelly Mauro, San Francisco

      Yahoo! Groups Links