Re: [CALBIRDS] Sanderling question

  • Tony Mills
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2005
      Hi, Walter¹s comments seem very fair, on Friday 20th I saw probably a few hundred sanderling on the beach south on Ventura Harbour. Some of the time they were feeding, both on the seaward and lagoon shores, but they seem to be using the lagoon mostly for bathing and then roosting at the top of the beach.

      There were also a large number of juv Snowy Plovers on this beach, some colour-ringed. Is there a ³Banding² project here? I have some quite reasonable shots of a banded one if the scheme organisers are interested.

      I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who responded to my ³UK birder visiting San Diego area² request a few weeks ago, especially Mary Beth. I have just returned to the UK today being quite pleased with sightings. (Although I clearly missed some obvious birds as well). Over the course of the next few evenings I shall get some of my piccies uploaded to my website, and I shall put together a brief trip report. (This was tempered by developing a chest throat and ear infection for which I still haven¹t got antibiotics!)

      California, I shall definitely be coming back!

      Cheers,

      Tony

      --
      A.D.Mills PhD