Correction & Update

  • Debi Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2005
      Hello, Seabirders,

      CORRECTION: I wanted to make a correction to the trip report for the August
      7, 2005 trip to the Farallon Islands. I reported on two ORCAS (killer
      whales) that were seen killing a young California Sea Lion. Well, last night
      I had a chance to look at my digital images for the first time, and the prey
      item was a young NORTHERN ELEPHANT SEAL. I amend the report to reflect this.
      Sometimes, looking thru the lense, especially during such an exciting event,
      not everything is clear. Photos should be up on the Shearwater Journeys' web
      site shortly.

      TRIP UPDATES: We still have some spaces open on the Sunday, August 14th trip
      from Fort Bragg, and Tuesday, August 16th from Bodega Bay. In view of the
      report for August 8th of a Dark-rumped Petrel at the Cordell Bank, this
      might be just the right time to head out on one of these trips. You will
      need to contact me tomorrow, August 11th, or leave a message on my answering
      machine on August 12th. (I'll be on the Monterey boat trip that day). After
      August 12th, it won't be possible to reach me for these trips.

      Space is still open on the August 26th Fort Bragg trip, but August 27th is
      SOLD OUT. August 29th from Bodega Bay has only a very few spaces open.

      Our August 12th Monterey trip is SOLD OUT, but spaces are open on August 21
      and 28, and September 4.

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debi
      ---