Red-faced Warbler at Wm. Heise (S.D.) County Park

  • Peter Ginsburg
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2005
      At approx. 0905 this morning Sue Smith refound the bird. After
      entering the park follow the signs to picnic area #2 (and cabins A and
      B). After parking proceed to Cedar Trail, just downslope from cabin B
      and the restrooms. After crossing the small bridge follow Cedar Trail
      (don't turn left to pond) and you reach a T intersection. Turn left
      and continue up the trail for about 40 yards. I made a large arrow in
      the trail marking the first area in which we saw the bird. There are
      broken branches on either side of the trail should the dirt arrow be
      obliterated. The bird was always seen up the hill from about 15 to 50
      yards away from the trail. He's singing, sometimes often and other
      times sporadically.

      Peter
      Encinitas