RE: [CALBIRDS] Re: [CVBirds] Cosumnes birds- 05 VIII 05

  • James F. Holmes
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2005
      Corivds appear to be most susceptible to West Nile (see the article by
      Komar N, Experimental infection of North American birds with the New York
      1999 strain of West Nile virus. Emerg Inf Dis 2003; 9:311). I believe all
      the black-billed magpies in his study that got West Nile died but his sample
      was also very small.

      Some species appear not to become symptomatic after exposure.

      Jim Holmes
      Sacramento, CA