Annoucing PRBO's 29th Annual Bird-A-Thon

  • Kira
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2005
      PRBO's 29th Annual Bird-A-Thon, September 1 through October 15, 2005!

      Grab your binoculars, get your field guide and get ready for PRBO's
      2005 Bird-A-Thon, the longest running event of it's kind in the US.
      Each year, PRBO's Bird-A-Thon raises approximately $100,000 to help
      fund our critically acclaimed research and education programs. Our
      largest fundraiser, the Bird-A-Thon is a fun way to support PRBO's
      programs. Participate this fall and help us exceed our goal of
      $125,000!

      What is Bird-A-Thon?
      A Bird-A-Thon is a fundraiser, similar to a walk or jog-a-thon where
      individuals, or teams, count the total number of bird species seen or
      heard in a 24 hour period. Each counter solicits pledges from
      friends, relatives, neighbors, businesses or corportations for each
      bird species identified during their chosen 24 hour period.

      Need a good reason to join us?
      By participating, you will:
      *Have fun while raising critical funds to conserve birds, other
      wildlife and their ecosystems throughout the west, Latin America and
      Antarctica.
      *Have the chance to win lots of great prizes - spotting scopes,
      binoculars and more!
      *Enjoy getting outdoors while you visit your favorite birding area!

      How do I get involved?
      You can participate by becoming an individual counter, creating or
      joining an existing team, or by sponsoring a PRBO staff counter! For
      more information, or to register, visit http://www.prbo.org/Birdathon
      or call Megan Willson, Events and Membership Manager, at 415-868-1221
      ext. 320 or you may also reply privately to this post.

      Thank you for your support!

      Kira Steinberg
      PRBO Conservation Science
      4990 Shoreline Hwy