upcoming pelagics Monterey Seabirds

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 7:35 AM
      Ahoy,

      The fall seabirding season is fast upon us here on the west coast. Just
      yesterday skipper Richard Ternullo reported hundreds of Sabine's Gulls
      at the edge of the sea canyon four miles off Monterey. Last week he saw
      the first migrant South Polar Skuas.

      There are only a few spaces left for our Aug. 14 Monterey Sea Canyon
      trip. We limit the number of participants in the interest of having a
      reasonably sized group so that everyone has an opportunity to bird
      without having to jostle for position. The leader to participant ratio
      is usually about 5 to 1. Even though we keep the group small we keep the
      prices low. The Monterey Sea Canyon trips are a bargain at $80 per
      person. These trips are offered on Aug. 14 and 26, Sept. 17 and 25,
      Oct. 2, 8 and 16.

      We will venture further offshore to the Albacore Grounds on Aug. 28 and
      Sept. 16. These trips are scheduled to coincide with a Sea Canyon trip
      the same weekend. These 12 hour trips go for $130 per person. If you go
      on three of our trips the fourth one is free (Sea Canyon trips only).

      Trip reports with photos from all of our outings will give you and idea
      of what to expect. You can also register online there at
      http://www.montereyseabirds.com or call 831 375-4658.

      Our friendly, local leaders include Don Roberson, author of Monterey
      Birds. Skipper and co leader Richard Ternullo has more than 30 years
      experience in natural history excursions on the bay. He is out on it
      nearly every day with Monterey Bay Whale Watch, he knows where to find
      the birds like no one else.

      I am looking forward to getting out on the water and hopefully will see
      you out there.

      Rhino auklets forever,

      Roger Wolfe for Monterey Seabirds

      Soquel Canyon, CA USA