Birding on CA-395

  • kwpenland
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2005
      If you had a half-day or, hopefully, a full day to bird somewhere along
      the 395 from Gardnerville, NV, to Barstow, CA, what would be the most
      productive use of your time? I know late July is about the worst time
      of year for birding, but I've not birded this area before and would
      love to get some tips from local -- or successful visiting -- birders.
      Any chance of early migrating waterfowl? And owls would be
      particularly wonderful. :-)

      I do have a copy of the Birding Trails of the Eastern Sierra, but it's
      my only reference at hand on this part of the state.

      Many thanks!

      Katy Penland
      Overgaard, AZ