Eurasian Collared-Dove

  • D. Heindel
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2001
      Hi all,

      I found Guy McCaskie's post most interesting and informative.

      I would like to add that I saw a Eurasian Collared-Dove here

      outside my hovel in Torrance, LA Co., 10/22/01, and

      as I just wrote for by PV Aud. bird column.... "There

      goes the neighborhood". Chinese Spotted Dove is the most

      common dove in my 'hood' currently. We'll see if that lasts!

      best in birds,

      Mitch

      Mitch Heindel

      birdfish@...

      http://www.angelfire.com/ca5/pelagics

    • aengilis
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 27, 2006
        On our drive back from seeing the Yellow-billed Loon (9:30 am)Irene
        and I found 36 Eurasian Collard Doves perched on powerlines due south
        of Cowell Ranch State Beach along Hwy 1. I thought the number unusual
        this far north and a sobbering reality of times to come!

        Andy and Irene Engilis
        Elk Grove, CA