AMRE in Humboldt Co.

  • Ken Burton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2005
      This morning I found a female(?) AMERICAN REDSTART in the Worswick area of the Eel River between Fernbridge and Fortuna. On the west side of Highway 101 at the Highway 211 exit, there's a metal gate with a sign that says, "No Public Access." Ignore the sign (I'm told the area is, in fact, public land) and head to the left past a long gravel pile. At the end of the pile, turn right towards the river. The bird was on the left where the road emerges from the riparian forest. Approximate coordinates are N 40 36.6, W 124 11.4.

      Ken Burton
      McKinleyville