Great-tailed grackles in Fresno County

  • SiriusGuy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 11:04 AM
      Paul from Atascadero mentioned:

      << I have heard that there are grackles in the San Joaquin Valley at least as
      far north as Fresno.>>

      I and any other number of Fresno Audubon members can confirm that. I saw
      them as early as my first FAS trip to the Mendota Wildlife Refuge 2/22/03, and
      have spotted them as far north as the San Joaquin River. In a related note, a
      party of experienced local birders spotted the first Eurasian Collared Doves in
      this area at, I believe, Mendota WR earlier this year.

      Alan Birnbaum
      Fresno, CA