Barred Owl at Point Reyes-Message #4139 knord47

  • kathy scherzer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2005
      KEN,
      I believe the pinyon pine grove you mentioned is a
      bishop pine grove.
      Donald Culross Peattie writes rather eloquently
      about both trees in his classic book "The Natural
      History of Western Trees" 1953.
      If one is interested in nature, his writings
      should not be missed.
      The bishop pine and the pinyon pine are both
      wonderful trees and very important to our native
      wildlife.

      Respectfully,
      Kathy Scherzer
      Rohnert Park