Davidson Seamount trip attempt & STFL

  • Don Roberson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2001
      We left last evening in hopes of reaching the Davidson Seamount and beyond but
      after fighting heavy seas and wind for several hours it was apparent this trip
      was not to be. We returned to the dock in Monterey by about midnight, somewhat battered.

      We did learn, however, that Bernardo Alps discovered and photographed a
      Scissor-tailed Flycatcher along Hwy 1 about a mile to a mile-and-a-half south
      of Pt. Sur yesterday (4 Nov) while enroute to the boat. I've not seen that
      posted so I pass it along.

      We will make additional attempts to reach the Davidson & beyond in the newly
      upgraded Sea Wolf II (with Richard Ternullo & Monterey Bay Whale Watch) next
      summer and/or fall.

      Cheers,
      Don Roberson
      Pacific Grove CA