RFI: Birds of Aniheim Area

  • MiriamEagl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2005
      Hi, all!

      I'm passing this on to Calbird as requested; if anyone can help this lady
      please respond to her directly at _shirleyywilkerson@..._
      (mailto:shirleyywilkerson@...) . Thanks!

      Mary Beth Stowe
      San Diego, CA
      MiriamEagl@...
      _www.miriameaglemon.com_ (http://www.miriameaglemon.com)

      Could one of you please post this to your Calbirder list for our up-coming
      trip to California? I got your addresses off of the Calbirder list.

      Thank you so very much,
      Shirley Wilkerson
      Bryan, Texas

      Hi CalBirders,

      We are driving from Texas to Tucson (and will bird there); then we will be
      in the Palm Springs/San Bernadino area on June 17th. We will leave a
      conference in Anaheim on the 22nd. We'd like to bird in the north to the Sierra
      Madres, then drive home. Our target birds are:

      White-headed Woodpecker
      Lewis' Woodpecker
      Nuttall's Woodpecker
      Black-backed Woodpecker
      Three-toed woodpcker
      Yellow-billed Magpie
      Gray Vireo
      Sage Sparrow
      California Thrasher
      LeConte's Thrasher
      Crissal Thrasher
      Tri-colored blackbird
      Pacific-slope Flycatcher
      Mountain Quail
      Costa's Hummingbird
      Rose-ringed Parakeet
      Olive-sided Flycatcher
      California Towhee
      Oak Titmouse
      Red Crossbill

      Help in finding any of these birds would be most appreciated.

      We'll go up the coast from Anaheim a bit; any chance we could see pelagics
      at this time of the summer? Should we change our plans and bird south in
      California -- could we see more of our target birds there?

      If we went to Santa Cruz Island, what could we see there in addition to the
      Island Scrub Jay, and where might we find him?

      Thanks,
      Shirley Wilkerson
      Bryan, Texas