Re: [CALBIRDS] Pinnacles info for all requested

  • Les Chibana
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2005
      Also, it should be noted that the main (?) manager of the private
      campground, on the east side, has become very surly toward groups of
      birders parking in the lot by the store, even if it seems like there's
      plenty of space. If you have several cars in your group, or if the
      parking lot appears full, park in the overflow parking area less than a
      quarter of a mile down the road; there are chemical toilets there. The
      presence of the condors has attracted a lot of birders to this area, so
      they are having an impact on the campground. EVEN IF YOUR GROUP
      PURCHASES ITEMS AT THE STORE, THIS MANAGER HAS NOT BEEN FRIENDLY TO
      GROUPS OF CONDOR SEEKERS. Campers are most welcomed. There is at least
      one other manager who has been very nice.

      Les
      ---
      Les Chibana
      BirdNUTZ(tm) - Ornigasmic Birding
      em <les@...>
      web <http://www.birdnutz.com>
      ph 650-949-4335
      fx 650-949-4137
      snailmail: SR2 Box 335, La Honda CA 94020