Re: [nwcalbird] Humboldt Blue Jay finally gone!

  • tertial
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
      Many years ago, a friend of mine (Michael Plotkin) found a freshly
      molted Blue Jay tail feather while hiking in the Trinity Alps. I
      forget the date, but it was summer. He showed me the feather and it
      was in excellent condition. At my encouragement, I believe he sent
      the feather to Humboldt State c/o Gjon Hazard.

      Steve Hampton
      Davis, CA

      --- In CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, "s.doug" <s.doug@c...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I apologize for not noting thoses records were single day records
      as Guy
      > states. But, I was under the impression that Rob was just inquiry
      about the
      > latest Spring date and not the latest overwintering bird.
      >
      > Doug Shaw
      > Santa Rosa, CA

      CRBC
      > > records show one from 4/24/50 from Chico in Butte County and one
      in Modoc
      > > County 4/27/88.
      > > >
      > > > Good Birding,
      > > > Doug Shaw
      > > > Santa Rosa, CA

      Terms of
      > > Service.

      > > > Listowners: mailto:CALBIRDS-owner@yahoogroups.com
      > > >
      > > > For vacation suspension of mail go to the website. Click on
      Edit My