5/30 Cassin's Sparrow continues

  • Don Roberson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2005
      Here is yet another post in the continuing saga of the Sacramento County
      Cassin's Sparrow. Same spot this morning, but for a slightly different
      set of photos and a new slant on the event, see
      http://montereybay.com/creagrus/CA-CASP30May05.html

      More photos, and links to more still, are on Joe Morlan's web site
      http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/casp052805.htm

      Also in the vicinity, we looked for but did not find the
      previously-reported Brewer's Sparrow on Michigan Bar Road, but did have
      two different pair of Lawrence's Goldfinches at the north end of the
      patch of oaks through which that road passes north of the one-way
      bridge. We also did a loop into w. Amador and w. El Dorado County,
      coming back Latrobe Road from the town of Latrobe itself in E.D., and
      had a nice male Larry Gold just where the pavement ended in El Dorado
      Co.

      Don Roberson
      Rita Carratello
      Pacific Grove CA