LA Times pelagic article

  • D. Heindel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2001
      Hi friends,

      I thought this might amuse or interest a few of you....

      Just in case you don't get the LA Times, here is a link to

      yesterdays story from a LAAS 9/8 pelagic birding trip.

      It doesn't have the pictures the hard copy did, but the

      story is there.... The feature photo had Kevin Larson,

      my brother Mike, and Dave Pereksta looking at something....

      Then there were some small photos of Long-tailed Jaeger,

      Buller's Shearwater, and Sabine's Gull, sps. we saw that day.

      I don't really dislike whale watchers, it's just a boat of

      half whalers and half birders can be a leaders nightmare....

      And I've spent over 2000 hours out there, not 1000....oh well.

      Still a good story...

      http://www.latimes.com/news/local/outthere/la-000087848nov03.story?coll=la%2Dnews%2Dlocal%2Doutthere

      best,

      Torrance,CA Mitch