May 21st Tricolored Blackbird Workshop at Sac NWR

  • granatellus
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2005
      Here is the agenda and directions for next Saturday's Tricolored
      Blackbird training workshop at Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge.
      Please let me know if you plan to attend or have any questions.

      Leo Edson
      Sacramento

      Tricolored Blackbird Survey Training Workshop

      Saturday May 21, 2005
      Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge Headquarters
      AGENDA

      This workshop is intended to provide information and training that
      will be useful for those planning to participate in the statewide
      Tricolored Blackbird survey scheduled for June 3-5. All participants
      are encouraged to attend. Directions to Sacramento NWR are included
      below. Bring a bag lunch and something to drink. Please RSVP to Leo
      Edson (edsonl@...) if you plan on attending.

      9:30 Donuts, coffee, check-in

      10:00 Welcome to the Sacramento NWR Complex
      The Tricolor Survey and importance to conservation – Mike Green
      2005 Survey: coordinators, maps, data entry, and other news – Leo
      Edson

      10:45 Tricolor biology, survey techniques, and cautions – Bill
      Hamilton

      11:30 – 12:30 Lunch – Bring your own to the mtg.

      12:30 In the field
      We will car pool to a local colony, practice
      estimating the size of the colony, measuring its
      dimensions, and recording information. A
      great time to get tips from the pros.

      3:00 Adjourn

      Sacramento NWR Headquarters
      752 County Rd. 99 W
      Willows, CA 95988
      Phone: (530) 934-2801

      Refuge headquarters are about 90 miles north of
      Sacramento and adjacent to I-5.
      Northbound: Exit at Road 68. Turn left on hwy 99W;
      the entrance is approximately 1.6 miles.
      Southbound: Exit at County Road 57. Turn
      east over the overpass to Highway 99W. Drive
      approximately 4.5 miles south to the Refuge entrance.