o gloriuous woodpecker!

  • herman_vanoosten
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2005
      Hey!

      Well...they're not exactly Ivory-billeds but thanks to the enormous
      response on our question for good stake-outs for Lewis's woodpeckers
      we saw around four birds at the Del Puerto Canyon (Road), just within
      1-2km (around 1 mile!) to the left on The Junction there!

      Marvellous birds; two were continuously found in the same oak, just
      on the road near a small grey shed -> around 1 mile to the south (San
      Antonio Valley R.).

      Thanks!

      Also great -for us- were the Yellow-billed magpies with a much higher
      pitched sounds then Pica pica from Europe. Two Lawrence's
      goldfinches, our first Lazuli buntings.

      At Pigeon Point Lighthouse we had around 20+ Marbled murrelets, best
      seen few 100 meters N of the lighthouse in a small bay. Also two
      Cassin's and few Rhino's. &tc!

      Thanks again,

      Herman & Tom.