Re: [CALBIRDS] Lewis's woodpecker stake outs?

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2005
      Herman,

      A slight detour will get you some Lewis's. There are still a couple or more
      on the Soka University campus. Take US-101 west/north to Las Virgenes
      Canyon Road. Go south towards Malibu. At the intersection with Mulholland
      Drive, turn left and then right into the gate. Ask permission to bird.
      There is a Lewis's Woodpecker hanging out right where they will tell you to
      park, and a couple more in the middle of campus.

      At 08:50 PM 2005-04-25 +0000, herman_vanoosten wrote:
      >Well, coming thursday we will drive by car from Riverside via
      >Highway 5 to Berkely & we wondered if there (still) is a good stake
      >out for Lewis's woodpecker, more or less along the road. Perhaps
      >somewhere in the Panoche Valley? We just have to see this bird; must
      >be great. Guess that yb-magpie is not really a problem. On the way
      >back we'll try for marbled murrelet, most likely at Pigeon Point!

      Good birding,

      Steve Sosensky, SoCA Bird Guides www.sosensky.com/guides/
      <mailto:steve@...> for general use
      <mailto:mobile@...> rare birds and emergencies only
      Toluca Lake, CA 91602 818-508-4946 34.15645 N, 118.36715 W
      www.SoCalAudubon.org/socal/ www.SanFernandoValleyAudubon.org/sfvas/
      SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22