Re: [CALBIRDS] Old Record Yellow Rail

  • creagrus
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2001
      Since this is asked on a public forum, I'll answer that way. There are
      actually two specimens of Yellow Rail from Los Banos, Merced Co., from
      30 Nov 1911. These were reviewed by the CBRC back in 1984 when I was
      Secretary (or shortly before?) and unanimously accepted. I personally
      photographed the specimens at MVZ and the CBRC reviewed the photos. They
      are of Yellow Rails. The decision was published in the 9th CBRC report
      that I authored. All this is already on line at
      http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/8439/master.txt
      or easily found through a link on Joe Morlan's site to all CBRC
      decisions through the mid-1990s.

      Please note that in the 1980s when I was CBRC Secretary, a major effort
      was made to review all records of CBRC review species and the results
      have now all been published in various reports, even including lists of
      those that are unreviewable for lack of documentation (in my 14th CBRC
      report).

      Cheers,
      Don Roberson