Re: Sandpipers

  • Nancy and Richard Kenyon
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2005
      There were 75 Western Sandpipers and 400+ Long-billed Dowitchers at the San
      Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary in Irvine on Thursday, 4/7/05. The dowitchers
      were congregated in two groups in ponds D & E.

      Nancy Kenyon
      Irvine, CA
      member of the monthly census group at the SJWS
      Sea & Sage Audubon
      kenyon@...
    • Matt
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10 11:35 AM
        Thank you for the vaux's swift info. I am planning to chase that one this evening.

        Not sure if they are in town yet but I am also looking for a surfbird in the Monterey, Bodega Bay area. Too early? Also If time allows I could go north for rock sandpiper. Any suggestions on good locations for either of these would be a big help. If I can't chase them now I can always go after them on my way back from AK in October. Thanks again all.
        Cheers,
        Matt Stenger
        Hamilton, OH