Re: [CALBIRDS] sandpipers

  • vicleipzig@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2005
      There were approximately 1,000 Western Sandpipers at Bolsa Chica on Friday,
      4/8/05. They were at the south end, viewed from the linear park off Seapoint
      Street. There were also several hundred dowitcher sp., but very few of
      other shorebird species.

      Vic

      G. Victor Leipzig, Ph.D.
      Southwest Birders
      17461 Skyline Lane
      Huntington Beach, CA 92647
      (714) 848-5394
      _http://www.southwestbirders.com_ (http://www.southwestbirders.com/)

    • Chet Ogan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2005
        I wonder if the wet winter in the south has increased the food supply in
        wintering grounds or conversely decreased the ability of shorebirds to
        forage efficiently.

        Chet Ogan
        Research Technician-Wildlife

        Work: cogan@... 707-825-2952