very pale Gull

  • KLHochgraf@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2005
      Birders,
      Yesterday afternoon at group from Yolo Audubon stopped at
      Shoellenberger Park in Petaluma. We walked along the paved path with a slough on the
      right and a pond on the left, to a bend in the path. Ahead was a pond with a
      sandbar and many Western Gulls. Sitting with the Westerns was a very pale Gull.
      It had a dark bill, pink legs, and very little grey on the mantle and wings.
      The eye was dark. It looked very much like the Iceland Gull I saw in
      Milpitas in mid-March.
      I have a digiscope photo that I would be happy to send to anyone
      with Gull experience. I was having trouble opening the Photos folder in Yahoo
      Groups.
      It would be exciting to think of another Iceland Gull in the greater Bay
      area.

      Karen Hochgraf
      Sacramento/ Yolo Audubon