California Condors at Pinnacles

  • alisonbirds
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2005
      This weekend (Sunday) we saw two California Condors soaring over the
      Juniper Canyon Trail (west side) in Pinnacles National Monument at
      around 10 am. They were soaring over the right hand side of the trail
      before the switch backs started. Great views because they were pretty
      low over the rounded rock formations you see on the lower part of the
      trail before the switch backs start.

      We hiked to the High Peaks and didn't see any more. Disappointing but
      we were happy to see them at all. A ranger said they hadn't been seen
      much in the last three weeks because it hasn't been very warm.

      Alison Armstrong