new birding guide to Santa Cruz Co. now online

  • dsuddjian@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2005
      The Santa Cruz Bird Club is pleased to announce that a comprehensive birding
      site guide for Santa Cruz County is now online at:

      www.santacruzbirdingguide.org

      This guide has been a long time coming, and is still a work in progress. But
      as it is, the guide presents detailed information on 83 sites in the
      county...many of which are not well known even by the local county birders! Two
      segments (on finding specialties and birding through the seasons) will be added soon.
      A search engine link should be operable shortly. It is our intent to replace
      the current links to maps with some maps crafted specifically for this guide.
      And more and different photos will be added.

      I am most thankful to the contributors, reviewers, and others who have helped
      with this project, and to Barry McLaughlin for putting it up on the web. I
      welcome any feedback or suggestions.

      There is also a link to the site guide on the Santa Cruz Bird Club's main
      page at:
      www.santacruzbirdclub.org

      David L. Suddjian
      Capitola, CA